Our rugged, built-to-last, professional multispectral sensor for agricultural drone mapping. Same technology as RedEdge-M, now ready to integrate with DJI SkyPort enabled drones.
Through the DJI SkyPort adapter, mounting and powering both the Altum and RedEdge-MX is simple and quick. Need to switch out a sensor? Simply twist the quick connect mount and remove the sensor. Ready to fly again? Twist the mount back in place and you are ready to go.
The RedEdge-MX is a rugged, built-to-last, professional multispectral sensor, now with a metallic enclosure for extreme durability. It captures the spectral bands required for basic crop health indexes and additional bands needed for advanced analytics. RedEdge-MX is one of the most flexible solutions on the market, with optimized GSD (resolution), the new DLS 2 light sensor, a global shutter for distortion-free images, the ability to generate plant health indexes and RGB (color) images from one flight, and the freedom of platform-agnostic data. All in a compact size and low weight that allow it to be used with a wide variety of unmanned aircraft systems.
- Camera kit includes DLS 2.0 and Calibration Panel.
- Compatible with DJI PSDK enabled drones (with mounting kit).
- Standalone operation, with optional external trigger and data from host aircraft.
- Five narrow spectral bands captured during flight.
- High image resolution; 8 cm/pixel at 400 ft (120 m).
- Single SD card stores all images with geotags.
- Global shutter imagers - no gimbal
- New aluminum body for better durability and performance in higher temperatures.
- Fast capture rate enables faster flight speeds and lower flight altitudes.
- Calibrated for precise, repeatable measurements.
- Rugged design with no moving parts.
- Full access to raw data; outputs can be generated using a wide variety of processing and analysis platforms
MicaSense RedEdge-MX Multispectral Sensor DJI Skyport Kit
- RedEdge-MX sensor
- Lens cover
- Calibrated Reflectance Panel
- New DLS 2 light sensor with integrated GPS
- DLS 2 to RedEdge-MX cables
- Mounting screws
- Power cable
- Hard carrying cas
Weight: 231.9 g (8.18 oz.)
(includes DLS 2 and cables)
Dimensions: 8.7cm x 5.9cm x 4.54cm
(3.4in x 2.3in x 1.8in)
External Power: 4.2 V DC - 15.8 V DC
4 W nominal, 8 W peak
Spectral Bands: Blue, green, red, red edge, near-IR
(global shutter, narrowband)
Wavelength (nm): Blue (475 nm center, 20 nm bandwidth), green (560 nm center, 20 nm bandwidth), red (668 nm center, 10 nm bandwidth), red edge (717 nm center, 10 nm bandwidth), near-IR (840 nm center, 40 nm bandwidth) RGB Color Output: Global shutter, aligned with all bands Ground Sample Distance (GSD): 8 cm per pixel (per band) at 120 m (~400 ft) AGL Capture Rate: 1 capture per second (all bands), 12-bit RAW Interfaces: Serial, 10/100/1000 ethernet, removable Wi-Fi, external trigger, GPS, SDHC Field of View: 47.2° HFOV Triggering Options: Timer mode, overlap mode, external trigger mode (PWM, GPIO, serial, and Ethernet options), manual capture mode